7 replies to this topic

#1 CNM

CNM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:16 PM

We have just upgraded to AccuSQL 10.5.13 and are receiving a number of errors, however, upgrading from 10.5.5 did seem to fix a number of other errors. We use an SQL Server account named "Accutrack" to log into the DB. The errors we get are bypassed by hitting the ignore button and are at the tail end of the login of a new student.

The following error messages are displayed:
"OLE IDispatch code 0 from ADODB.Command:Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal... "
"OLE IDispatch exception code 0 from Microsoft SQL Native Client: The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'NextID', database 'AT_FINAID', schema 'dbo'..."
"Member PARAMETERS does not evalute to an object."
"Function argument value, type, or count is invalid."
"Variable 'LCPID' is not found."
"Alias 'LASTIN' is not found."
"Operator/operand type mismatch."
"OLE IDispatch code 0 from ADODB.Command:Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal... "
"OLE IDispatch exception code 0 from Microsoft SQL Native Client: The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'NextID', database 'AT_FINAID', schema 'dbo'..."
"Data type mismatch."
"Alias 'CURTEMP' is not found."

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:08 PM

Hi,

This update also requires a database structure update. AccuSQL will attempt to do this update but it needs proper permissions to the SQL Server. To solve this issue, try launching AccuSQL using a full access (including database structure update) SQL Server account. If this is not possible, a manual update to the database structure will be required.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 CNM

CNM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:35 PM

Hi,

This update also requires a database structure update. AccuSQL will attempt to do this update but it needs proper permissions to the SQL Server. To solve this issue, try launching AccuSQL using a full access (including database structure update) SQL Server account. If this is not possible, a manual update to the database structure will be required.

So would one method to update the database structure involve giving my user "Accutrack" the "sysadmin" role temporarily or permanently?

#4 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:16 PM

Just for the first run. Once the database structure is updated, you can switch back to a SQL account that does not have permission to update the structure. Note that we are talking about the SQL Server account.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#5 CNM

CNM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:52 PM

Just for the first run. Once the database structure is updated, you can switch back to a SQL account that does not have permission to update the structure. Note that we are talking about the SQL Server account.

I am able to get rid of the messages if my "Accutrack" user is given the sysadmin role but I didn't see any kind of "update" processing going on when I logged in as both the Accutrack systems administrator or as a regular student. I'll have to leave it this way temporarily to avert the ire of our department users. In the meantime, am I approaching your solution correctly?

#6 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:25 PM

AccuSQL's data is stored in the SQL Server. You should not see any "update processing" because the changes are made to the database structure on the SQL Server and not locally. Once the structure is updated, you can go back to your regular SQL Server account.

Again, the recommendation was to switch to SQL Server admin account and not AccuTrack System Administrator account- I am getting the feeling you are confusing the two. If your problem was solved by using a different Windows admin account, then this is a different problem from what I have in mind and has a different solution.

Let us know which account you changed to to fix this problem.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#7 CNM

CNM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:50 PM

AccuSQL's data is stored in the SQL Server. You should not see any "update processing" because the changes are made to the database structure on the SQL Server and not locally. Once the structure is updated, you can go back to your regular SQL Server account.

Again, the recommendation was to switch to SQL Server admin account and not AccuTrack System Administrator account- I am getting the feeling you are confusing the two. If your problem was solved by using a different Windows admin account, then this is a different problem from what I have in mind and has a different solution.

I changed a user that we use to connect to the SQL server called "Accutrack" and gave it the sysadmin role. This is not the Accutrack system administrator account whose default name is "111111111".
12/8/2010 - We have two sql servers - one for development and the other for production. Both are located in different boxes. The production database is a copy of the development database, however, the development database does not generated any errors, all things being equal, that is, the "Accutrack" user in development was given explicit permissions as "Connect SQL" by "sa" but was not given the "sysadmin" role, while production was given the "sysadmin" role. I can't find the difference in setup between these two DB's. The problem persists with production if I take away the "sysadmin" role from the "Accutrack" user.
12/15/2010 - I think I have the solution. If I double click on the database "properties" within SQL Server the "database properties" screen displays. Selecting the "permissions" page displays the "Users or roles" listbox. Those DB's that have problems that I've listed in previous replies have the "Accutrack" user displayed in this listbox. As I've said before, only when the "Accutrack" user is given "sysadmin" privileges will the 10.5.5.13 upgrade work. However, there are a couple of non-production DB's that don't have an "Accutrack" user displayed in the same listbox or any user for that matter and these DB's will work without the "sysadmin" privileges. Therefore, only when there is no attempt to fine tune the permissions in the "database properties screen"/"Permissions page" by adding an Accutrack user ( read as an sa user ) does the AccuSQL10 application work.
I'm now having problems getting rid of the "Accutrack" user reference from the listbox. Highlighting the user will not let me remove this user from the listbox at this point since the remove button is displayed in an inaccessible state. Almost there but not quite. Any suggestions?

#8 cbasoz

cbasoz

<AccuTrack Support>

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:50 AM

I changed a user that we use to connect to the SQL server called "Accutrack" and gave it the sysadmin role. This is not the Accutrack system administrator account whose default name is "111111111".
12/8/2010 - We have two sql servers - one for development and the other for production. Both are located in different boxes. The production database is a copy of the development database, however, the development database does not generated any errors, all things being equal, that is, the "Accutrack" user in development was given explicit permissions as "Connect SQL" by "sa" but was not given the "sysadmin" role, while production was given the "sysadmin" role. I can't find the difference in setup between these two DB's. The problem persists with production if I take away the "sysadmin" role from the "Accutrack" user.
12/15/2010 - I think I have the solution. If I double click on the database "properties" within SQL Server the "database properties" screen displays. Selecting the "permissions" page displays the "Users or roles" listbox. Those DB's that have problems that I've listed in previous replies have the "Accutrack" user displayed in this listbox. As I've said before, only when the "Accutrack" user is given "sysadmin" privileges will the 10.5.5.13 upgrade work. However, there are a couple of non-production DB's that don't have an "Accutrack" user displayed in the same listbox or any user for that matter and these DB's will work without the "sysadmin" privileges. Therefore, only when there is no attempt to fine tune the permissions in the "database properties screen"/"Permissions page" by adding an Accutrack user ( read as an sa user ) does the AccuSQL10 application work.
I'm now having problems getting rid of the "Accutrack" user reference from the listbox. Highlighting the user will not let me remove this user from the listbox at this point since the remove button is displayed in an inaccessible state. Almost there but not quite. Any suggestions?

I cannot understand exactly what you are saying. SQL Server 'sa' account has SysAdmin role. You don't need to and wouldn't play with AccuTrack account at all. Simply use the provided SetDataPath.exe utility, make the connection with 'sa' account or preferably with windows authentication on SQL server computer (assuming current user is an admin account). Then launch the accutrack. Go to database location and set the connection back to use 'AccuTrack' account.

For other problem you are having, email to support if you need help and we would check it online.
Cetin Basoz
Engineerica Senior Developer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users