• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 acox

acox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 09:21 AM

In our center we have AccuTrack 7.1 and it is saved on a network.  Everytime we open AccuTrack, it pops-up an Improper Shutdown message.  When we shut down our machines everyday, should everyone, when prompted, click yes to the question of save data?  Or should there be a designated person to click save?  Up until recently, I don't think anyone every clicked yes.  So it was decided that I should do click yes when I shut down each day.  The first time I did this I got the following message:

\\studentserv\Accutrack\ACCUTRACK-DATA\BACKUP\20040227165630\APPPOINT.CDX

Delayed Write Failed
unable to save all the data for file

The data has been lost.  This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection.  Please try to sav

This happened on Friday and this morning I got the error message again. We have 8 computers in our center that can access AccuTrack.  I am wondering if some of my date inaccuracy can be linked to this.  I'd appreciate any and all help I can get.

Thanks!

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 10:32 AM

There are two different issues in your post:
1) Improper shutdown message: To properly shutdown AccuTrack, you should use the "Exit" button in the System Admin screen or in the Sign-in screen (if you enable it to be there). Any other shutdown (e.g. Ctrl-alt-del, windows lockup, computer loses power, etc) is considered imroper shutdown. The improper shutdown message occurs whenever an improper shutdown is detected. The message will pop up until you run the data repair utility.
Note that in eariler versions of AccuTrack a false improper shutdown message appeared under some conditions, so make sure you are running the latest version (7.02) which fixed this problem.

2) Backup on Exit. AccuTrack 7 has an auto backup on shutdown option. You control this option from the Options screen. You can configure the software to prompt for backup every day, on certain days of the week, or never. Use the option that makes most sense to your circumstances. If you do activate this option, the backup prompt will appear on all computers when they are shutdown. Of course, you do not need to answer "yes" on all of them as there is no need to create multiple backups on the same day.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 Laurie-AnnCrawford

Laurie-AnnCrawford

• Platinum Plus
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 02:05 PM

I was very glad to see this question posted because we are having a similar problem. We are running Accutrack Deluxe 7.02. It is installed on several computers (Windows XP) with the database located on a shared network drive. We have been using this system since January in a very busy computer lab of 100 workstations. We are getting increasing instances of corrupt files, "please run the database repair utility", program abortions (where it just halts and we have to restart it), and foxpro errors.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software several times. This does not help - of course, we are using the same database that we have used from the beginning as we need the cumulative data.

Everytime :( we start accutrack we get the improper shutdown message - even after we have done the database repair.

Can you advise me?

#4 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 11:40 AM

Laurie-Ann,

First make sure you are running the latest version of the software (7.02). To learn how to read your version number, see this page: http://www.accutrack.../version_no.htm

Also note that you can check on what's triggering the Improper Shutdown by running the "Improper Shutdowns" report. This report will show you the ID of the computer that had the improper shutdown as well as the date and time the computer was started but wasn't shutdown properly.

By the way, an Improper Shutdown is any shutdown of AccuTrack that is NOT done by pressing the "Exit" button in the AccuTrack sign-in screen or administration screen. For example, the following will cause improper shutdowns:
  • Power failure
  • Network interruption (network going down, or network not able to support multiple connections to shared database)
  • Pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del and killing the AccuTrack task
  • Shutting down Windows while AccuTrack is running.
  • Windows hang-ups that require a reboot.

Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#5 Laurie-AnnCrawford

Laurie-AnnCrawford

• Platinum Plus
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 12:22 PM

No, that is not what is happening. I ran the Improper Shutdown report - for example it is 11:15 AM and the lab opens at 7:00. We have had 8 improper shutdowns this morning. Each time the program simply closed itself down. Sometimes with an error message, sometimes not.

Each time, per your instructions, I run the database repair utility. This time I did get an error message doing that. It is:

Fatal Error: Exception code=C0000005@03/10/04 10:54:24 AM

Error log file: C:\Program Files/Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VFP\vfp7rem.log

Called from: -fileio.creatdirectories line 0 {}
Called from: -fileio.xcopy line 0 {}
Called from: -_repair.setdirandbackup line 0 {}
Called from: -forml.init line 0 {}
Called from: -fdbase.cmdrepair.chck line 0 {}

We are starting to get pretty frustrated. We have uninstalled and reinstalled the software. We will have the signin computer rebuilt Monday (spring break) - but the database is on a network server and if it is our data that is corrupt I don't know what to do. Help? :unsure:

#6 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 10:32 PM

Hi. Sorry to hear about the trouble. We investigated this issue and couldn't find anything in AccuTrack that would cause this error. Perhaps this issue is caused by another factor such as a corrupted Windows file or a computer virus. It is important however that you run the data repair utility on your files. If the computer you are trying is not able to do this, you could try installing AccuTrack on another computer, copying the data files to this computer, and running repair there, and then copying the data files back to the original locations. If you are not able to do this for some reason, you can send a copy of your data files to our support team and we will run the repair for you. To send the data files, you need to zip your data folder and attach the zip file to your email.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users