• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 learningcenterpc

learningcenterpc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

When I pull a report "Visits by Activity" it gives a repeat of some of the subjects.  For example under the subject titled History, there are three separate ones listed and the data can vary between them.  

The first one has this listed:

Test             # of students 23            number of Sign-ins   35         Time  42:04

Tutoring:                             6                                             16                   18:04

History:                              25                                             51                   60:08

The second one has this listed:

Tutoring      # students 6                    # sign-in's 1                   Time 01:14

History:                         46                                    1                             1:14

The third one has this listed:

Tutoring      # students 6                    # sign-in's 4                   Time 04:06

History:                          25                                   4                              4:06

When we record the Summary:

Number of Students, Number of Visits and Total hours for all activities, I want to make sure our numbers are added correctly and not duplicated. 

Why do they duplicate this way for some subjects and not for others and how can we get it to only pull once for a subject?  

Thank you! 

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:56 PM

You didn't mention which version of AccuLite you have?  Anyway, it might be an index corruption issue.  So start by running the database repair utility and see if that fixes it.

Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 learningcenterpc

learningcenterpc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

We have version 6.  I regularly run the repair unit but I ran the Clean Database and it took care of the problem.  :smile:  Should I be running that regularly?  I was afraid it would wipe out data we needed stored but it didn't thankfully.

#4 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:59 PM

OK great.  Index corruption would cause such errors.  Running the Repair utility will reindex the tables.  No data will be lost unless you continue using the software with corrupted indexes.  

To avoid data and index corruption, always exit the software by clicking "Exit" on the menu.  Other ways to force and exit will cause data or index corruption, including:

• Shutting down computer before exiting AccuLite.
  • Power failure leading to unexpected shutdown while software is in use.
  • Network goes down while software is in use.
  • Windows locking up.
  • Using Windows Task Manager to kill the running AccuLite software.

Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users