• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 kevluck

kevluck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

Is it possible to install the Accutrack Plugin and/or the Admin in Windows 7 x64? I can install the SQLclient x64 along w/ the Plugin and/or Admin in Windows 7 x64; however, when I try to install the 32bit client in Windows 7 x64 I get the message won't work on this type of processor; it's a brand new HP 6305 w/ an AMD processor in it.

I don't see 2 different installs folders such as 32bit client or 64bit client.

When I starte the plugin it seems to work & the login screen comes up, but for some reason the config screen comes up for the database path. I enter the correct data, save it, and start the plugin again but goes back to the database location screen again for some reason; says is saved each time I do it along w/ the path test passes.

May version 12 be any better?

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions

#2 jhogan1

jhogan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

kev, let me preface this by saying I'm not with Accutrack.....so this is just my input.

but, why do you need the accutrack plugin?  you shouldn't need to do anything but install the SQL drivers and then launch the main setup file for AccuSQL

one thing you do want to do though is go into task manager and make sure any running processes of accutr.exe are killed.

this could prevent it from actually updating.  the old version isn't compatible.  make sure that you are updating it from your current installation file.

but, in my case i've never needed to install that plugin to get everything to work.

Jeff Hogan
Instructional Technologist

Nursing and Allied Health

Valencia College

Orlando, Florida 32811

2012 Aspen Prize Winner

#3 dfoster

dfoster

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Guitar

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

Yes I agree you would not typically have the plugin and AccuSQL installed on the same PC, but you could. I guess if you wanted students to sign into the plugin, but also wanted to use the same machine so admins could run reports from AccuSQL, it would be useful.

When you are talking about the SQLclient, I believe you mean the sqlncli.msi that is in the AccuSQL install folder in a folder called sql_drivers. There are two version of that file, sqlncli.msi and sqlncli_x64.msi. The first is 32-bit and second is 64-bit.

Just look at the My Computer >> Properties to see which OS you are running. If it's 32-bit install sqlncli and if it's 64-bit, install sqlncli_64

As far as not storing the database, path, it could be that it cannot save its dbparam.dbf file that stores the data path. Try right clicking and running AccuSQL12.exe as an admin and set the path and see if that saves it. The other thing you could try is to delete the C:\Users\Public\Documents\AccuTrack folder, then run AccuSQL and let it copy it's files back there. Now set the Data Path again and see if it saves it. And if you are still having trouble, give me a call and we'll take a look at it in a gotomeeting...

David Foster
Engineerica Systems Support

#4 kevluck

kevluck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

Hello,

I believe I have the version 12 now working as the plugin instead of 11, and what I did was just replace the executable plugin 11 w/ plugin 12; not sure if that's the correct way to do it.

The problem I'm at now is how the screen is shown when the plguni starts.

I have maximized chosen on the properties of the icon but doesn't come up maximized for some reason, and the other isse is there are 2 icons on the bottom students aren't supposed to see: appointments & exit accutrack.

The screen that comes up w/ the plugin 11 starts is maximized and doesn't have the 2 buttons on the bottom of the page.

Thanks

#5 dfoster

dfoster

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

Hi Kevin,

You would want to uninstall the Plugin 11 then install the Plugin 12.

Also, what you are describing is not the plugin at all but AccuTrack that is running, The plugin does not show buttons at all, such as Appointments. After you install the plugin 12 (not AccuTrack, but the Computer Lab Plugin 12). then you would go to the folder where it is installed (by default that would be C:\Program Files(x86)\AccuSQL12Plugin) and the first step is to run the setdatapath.exe file so you can point it to the SQL Server database. After that is set and you have tested the connection to make sure it works, then you would run the PluginAdvSQL.exe file to actually launch the plugin.

David Foster

#6 kevluck

kevluck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

I think the problem is the folder structure shown on the server I'm installing this from. The folder is called accutrack sql 12, and in this folder what I see is is another called admin install. Looking over the folder it doesn't seem there's an install just for the plugin only. This is the part where I'm stuck at just finding out how to install the plugin only.

#7 dfoster

dfoster

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

Do you have the 12 installer folder? I don't remember if we downloaded it or not. It should be called SQLPlugin12_DIST and it would contain the entire installer for the Computer Lab. If you have that, just run setup.exe.

If you don't have the installer, let me know and I can upload it for you.

David Foster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users