• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 tkazi

tkazi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:37 AM

Our Options for a center (local lab) disappeared for one lab.

At one of our centers the splash screen and the sign in screen setups were lost. The strange behaviour was that some workstations had the splash screen and others did not have it. As student kept signing in to the workstations that had the correct splash screen the correct options disappeared. As an administrator I could see that all the options were there and the splash screen had correct information. I was working with AccuSQL on solving the issue late yesterday.

This morning when I checked my option for the lab that is having problems all options have disappeared. The splash screen says Production on top and rest of the options have disappeared. All other centers are working fine. This is the second time we are experiencing this problem.

Have other schools on AccuSQL 11.6 had this problem? What is the workaround?

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

Hello,

This is issue was traced to duplicated records in your Options table. We do not know what caused the duplication. Once the duplicated records were removed, the problem was solved.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 MikeS

MikeS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

Thanks Mon,

I appreciate all you efforts on getting this issue fixes as quickly as possible!

Do you have any idea what might have caused the duplicate Options records? I checked through the "Access Groups" and "System Administrators" that we have, and there are only two of us who are permitted to access the "Options" screen. Neither of us were using AccuSQL when this problem was discovered.

Thanks,
Mike

#4 tkazi

tkazi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

Hi Mon,

Again, thanks for all your help in resolving this issue.

I have another question. Is it even possible to create duplicate options records?

Thanks
Tasnim

#5 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

Tasnim,

We don't know what caused this problem. We have not seen it happen anywhere else before.

The Options tables is hosted on the SQL Server like the other AccuSQL tables. The duplicate records might have been generated by manual commands issued on the SQL Server directly, or some process might have inadvertently affected this table somehow.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users