• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 claritza

claritza

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:24 AM

We are using AccuSQl 10.5.7.0 with a shared database. The calendar reminder using outlook is not working properly. It only works sometimes. I had tried to pinpoint times but there is no consistence it may work in the mooring today at some hours but not tomorrow…
I have the scheduled task for appointment reminders set to send at all times. Is there a specific setting that we should be looking at?

Thanks.

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:35 AM

Hello,

If I understood correctly, you are saying that AccuSQL is not sending out Outlook invitations for the appointments every time an appointment is scheduled. Is this correct?

If so, start by checking the AccuSQL mail log to see if the invitations appear there. From the System Administration click on Setup -> Options and then click the "Email Settings". At the bottom of the page you will see a "View Email Log" button. Click this to view the log. You can sort this list by recipient's email address, subject, or date sent. You can also use the SuperTable search and filter tools to zoom in a certain record. A copy of the Outlook invitation email should appear in this log. NOTE: If the log is empty, then turn logging on by checking the box "Log all Outgoing E-mail" and click "Save"

If AccuSQL is sending out the email as expected, then check the email addresses of the recipients. If the address is correct, then have them check their SPAM / Junk Email folder to verify that the email is not being intercepted by their anti-spam software. They might need to add the email address of the sender to their "Safe" list.

If the email is NOT being sent out, then contact us for further investigation.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 claritza

claritza

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:43 AM

Mon:
I tested your suggestion and a record is placed on the on the email logs, when I send an appointment but it is not delivered to the intended user. We are only adding the calendar item to staff members, I tested with valid email addresses but again, it seems like at some point during the day the reminder and the calendar item works fine and then it does not... Some days I have tested every hour to see if there was a pattern, but it does not seem to be one. I have also change sender account from the admin account to my account and it does not make a difference.
So, I am not sure there is a problem with the Spam otherwise it would not work at any time. Does it make sense?

Thanks.
Claritza

#4 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:31 PM

I see. Perhaps its a problem with the mail server. One way to check on that is to use a different SMTP server. Our web host company offers unlimited email accounts for $40/year. You might be able to find other services that allows you a test account that you can use to check on this problem.

Another possiblility is that your firewall is blocking the messages.

Let us know what you find out.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users