#1 laura

laura

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:47 PM

Hi,

I have a number of posts and have done a lot of searching on various error messages one of my end users is reporting. I suspect that others on my campus are getting them as well but are not reporting them. I am frustrated because I cannot find any resolutions on the forums, in fact I can't even find the error messages I am getting on the forums. I ran a repair last night after hours and first thing this morning one of my users reported a bunch of errors. She had logged out of AccuTrack and rebooted her pc before I ran the repair. I was able to run the repair so no one was using any of the tables. I need to get this resolved. I've attached some screen shots of errors from the last 2 days. I am out of ideas as to what is happening and how to fix it.

This academic center has 16 or 17 pcs that can be accessing AccuTrack at any one time. However, there are only 7 different users to those pcs. There are 5 administrators of the academic center who use AccuTrack on their own pcs. They are logged into the pc as themselves. The other 11 or 12 pcs are used by 2 generic academic center users. Those 2 users can be logged onto multiple pcs and then using AccuTrack on any of those pcs. However, they log into AccuTrack as themselves. (We use college id # as logins to AccuTrack.) I don't know if any of this makes a difference. It would be next to impossible to set up the 11 to 12 pcs in the center for each of the student workers.

Would changing from FoxPro to SQL make the environment more stable? Any suggestions, fixes, etc are appreciated. We are running version 11.0.4

Thanks.

laura

ps I apparently don't have permission to attach word docs?! If you want to see the errors, let me know how to get them to you.

Laura Caswell
University Technology Services
Worcester State University
Worcester, MA
lcaswell@worcester.edu

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:24 PM

Sorry but I do not see any attachments to this post.
If the errors you encountered are unique and have not been reported on this forum before, then you might have a setup issue causing this error (e.g. a missing file). Solving this type of problem is best done via an online assistance session. Please call our support department to schedule this session. For support contact information, please see http://www.accutrack...ing-support.htm
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 laura

laura

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:55 AM

Hi Mon,

I tried to add attachments but the 'system" won't let me. I did say that in the ps of my original post.

I am going to uninstall and re-install AccuTrack on the user's pc that is having the most trouble. I am not sure if others are having problems and not reporting them or if it is just her.

She is using AccuTrack correctly so it's not "operator error".

If you can let me know how I can get the error messages to you, I will gladly send them along.

laura

Laura Caswell
Worcester, MA
lcaswell@worcester.edu

#4 laura

laura

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:39 AM

Hi,

Yesterday I uninstalled and reinstalled AccuTrack on the person's pc that is having all the issues. A repair on the database was run last night. This is the email she sent me this morning. As I stated in my earlier posts, I do have screen shots of some of the error messages she is getting but I can't attach files to the posts. I get an error message.

Thanks.
laura

This is the email from my end user.

Hi Laura,

In general, it's better but a little quirkier. Once I went to set up an appointment, and after I set the time and pulled the date over, the "set" button wasn't working (it was grayed out), so I just exited Accutrack and restarted it. There is an error coming up at times when I make an appointment, the error will appear after pulling the student over. I can't pick a location but the appointment is made, and Accutrack doesn't send the automated emails.

Laura Caswell
Worcester, MA
lcaswell@worcester.edu

#5 laura

laura

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:25 PM

Hi,

So last night I gave my end user with all the issues full administrative rights to her pc. Today it is running better with no error messages. I can give her full admin rights temporarily while we trouble shoot but I am not supposed to allow that forever. Also, I cannot give full admin rights to the users to the pcs in the labs. Is there a list of files that I could grant full rights to for these users instead of the whole pc? Is this my problem? I have tutors who need to manage their own appointments in AccuTrack. If I recall correctly, WebLink does not give me the full options of the Appointment Wizard in AccuTrack.

I am working with Cetin on appointment wizard errors but I suspect that all of this is connected.

Do users need to have full administrative rights to their pc for AccuTrack to run correctly? I should add that I do not have these issues with my other 2 centers and these problems have just started occurring since updating to AccuTrack 11. We are running 11.4.

Thanks,
laura

Laura Caswell
Worcester, MA
lcaswell@worcester.edu

#6 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:39 PM

If you do not want to provide full access rights, then enter your account's info in the AccuTrack's Database Location screen. AccuTrack will use this account when accessing its database files even when it is launched under a different account. Your account's info is encrypted and not viewable by others.

Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#7 laura

laura

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:19 AM

Thanks Mon. I will give that a try. I never noticed that before. This looks like it will help.

laura

Laura Caswell
Worcester, MA
lcaswell@worcester.edu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users