#1 asuuwc

asuuwc

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 01:13 PM

Hi,
I am going to start this as a new thread, although I think it may be connected with the previous Program Error thread I posted before.
I recently put the AppLauncher.fll file onto all the stations we have that run Accutrack. Now we are beginning to encounter a situation where if Accutrack is running, but is minimized, every few minutes it will pop up in front of any other program we might be working in.
At my personal station, I removed the AppLauncher.fll file and it stopped doing this, but I am back with the previous program error message.
Anything we can do to fix this?
Thanks,
-Dan

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 03:45 PM

Is this happening every few minutes, or once an hour at the top of the hour?
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 asuuwc

asuuwc

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:24 PM

It is happening every few minutes and at irregular intervals.
-dk

Is this happening every few minutes, or once an hour at the top of the hour?

#4 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:57 AM

OK. I checked with our development team on this. In versions prior to 10.0.3 there was an issue where the focus (or cursor) was taken away from the ID entry box at the top of the hour, or each time AccuTR (AccuTrack Task Runner) launched. AccuTR handles scheduled tasks such as signing people out and sending email reminders. Some people complained about this issue, and the solution was to use AppLauncher to bring the focus back to the ID entry box after AccuTR launches. Unfortunately this fix for this small issue had two negative side-effects:

1) On some computers, and for reasons we don't know yet, AppLauncher.dll is not copied after the upgrade to 10.0.3, and an error message complaining about it missing generates at launch on these computers.

2) The problem you mentioned with minimized apps getting the focus back!

We are working on a fix for these issues. One solution is to give the user the option to disable AccuTR on a per-computer basis. So in your case you'd disable it on your comoputer, and your screen would stay minimized. Of course you'd need to make sure that at least one computer runs AccuTR so it is able to take care of scheduled tasks.

Also there was an explanation about this happening every few minutes on your computer. When you launch AccuTrack, it will keep launching AccuTR every few minutes until it catches the top of the hour. From that point on, it will only launch AccuTr every hour.

Thanks for reporting this issue. The fix will be included in version 10.0.4.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#5 asuuwc

asuuwc

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:11 PM

I have one station that runs Accutrack as a priority that I can leave AccuTR running on. Where do I find the settings to disable it on the other stations?

-Dan

OK. I checked with our development team on this. In versions prior to 10.0.3 there was an issue where the focus (or cursor) was taken away from the ID entry box at the top of the hour, or each time AccuTR (AccuTrack Task Runner) launched. AccuTR handles scheduled tasks such as signing people out and sending email reminders. Some people complained about this issue, and the solution was to use AppLauncher to bring the focus back to the ID entry box after AccuTR launches. Unfortunately this fix for this small issue had two negative side-effects:

1) On some computers, and for reasons we don't know yet, AppLauncher.dll is not copied after the upgrade to 10.0.3, and an error message complaining about it missing generates at launch on these computers.

2) The problem you mentioned with minimized apps getting the focus back!

We are working on a fix for these issues. One solution is to give the user the option to disable AccuTR on a per-computer basis. So in your case you'd disable it on your comoputer, and your screen would stay minimized. Of course you'd need to make sure that at least one computer runs AccuTR so it is able to take care of scheduled tasks.

Also there was an explanation about this happening every few minutes on your computer. When you launch AccuTrack, it will keep launching AccuTR every few minutes until it catches the top of the hour. From that point on, it will only launch AccuTr every hour.

Thanks for reporting this issue. The fix will be included in version 10.0.4.

#6 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:54 PM

It does not exist in 10.0.3. This is one of the options we're considering for 10.0.4.

For now you can kill AccuTR on your computer after launching AccuTrack. Use the Windows task manager and look for the process 'accutr.exe'.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users