8 replies to this topic

#1 anissaharris

anissaharris

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:57 AM

I am customizing a REPORT from TUTOR/TUTOR PAYROLL DETAIL so I can use if for my university timesheet. I have typed in lines under the tutor's name to show up for ID# and for Box number. these words are not showing up on the final draft, however.

Also, as you can see on the Tutor Payroll Detail Report (Original, Attached File  Tutor_Payroll_Detail__Original_.PDF   45.41K   14 downloads) that I have attached, the tutor Aaron has 9 different sign in/out times on this report. Although I have not altered the coding on this section of the report, my customized report (Ind tutor report--timesheet) only shows the initial sign in/out. The totals, however, are indicated correctly. Attached File  Tutor_Payroll_Detail__Customized___Timesheet.PDF   56.27K   14 downloads

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong here and could use some help. I am attaching a PDF of the original report generated by Accutrack and the one I have customized.

If there are any directions anywhere that teach me how to do this better, I'd appreciate knowing. Thanks.

Anissa :)
Anissa Harris
Harding University
Searcy, AR

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 12:35 AM

It seems you are on the correct path. The indvidual sign-in sessions are displayed via the detailed band of the report. Perhaps something happened to this band when the report was customized. If you can show us a screenshot of the customized report in the Report Designer, we might be able to see the problem.

For examples of customizing reports, see this web page:http://www.accutrack...rt/cust_rep.htm
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 anissaharris

anissaharris

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:38 AM

It seems you are on the correct path.  The indvidual sign-in sessions are displayed via the detailed band of the report.  Perhaps something happened to this band when the report was customized.  If you can show us a screenshot of the customized report in the Report Designer, we might be able to see the problem.

For examples of customizing reports, see this web page:http://www.accutrack...rt/cust_rep.htm

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mon,

I am uploading a screenshot of the customization of the reportAttached File  Screenshot_of_Customized_Report_from_Atrack.doc   77.5K   14 downloads, per your request. I'm also sending a screenshot of the ORIGINAL tutor detail report prior to customizing Attached File  Screenshot_of_ORIGINAL_REPORT.doc   71K   14 downloads. I'd appreciate your help and will check out the website you sent. I'd like to have this report working by Monday if at all possible so i can eliminate university timesheets. Thx.

Anissa
Anissa Harris
Harding University
Searcy, AR

#4 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:51 PM

Looking at your screenshot, the problem is what I expected: You do not have anything in the Detail band of the report. The sign-in session field needs to be in that band. You might want to try this again starting with the ORIGINAL report, and then drag down the group footer band and paste your extra fields "Acount #, Fund, etc.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#5 anissaharris

anissaharris

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:06 PM

Looking at your screenshot, the problem is what I expected: You do not have anything in the Detail band of the report.  The sign-in session field needs to be in that band.  You might want to try this again starting with the ORIGINAL report, and then drag down the group footer band and paste your extra fields "Acount #, Fund, etc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am not understanding your directions. I was careful not to delete any of the original report. I see the band with the title "DETAIL," but I don't see any coding in that band on the original report or the customized one. So i don't really see where to put the Sign-In session field etc.

I did drag down the group footer band to insert the customized information originally. I can do that again, but I can't find a way to "cut and paste" this information. The control C and Control V options are not cutting and pasting for me.

I have "started over" on this report about ten times already and keep having the same results.

I also do not see why the customized info that I added under the Page Header Band (ie. "H#___________ and HU BOX ______________" does NOT show up. It does appear that the session logs are invisibly there since they are included in the total time spent tutoring--the itemization is just missing.

If you could provide more information on how to get this session coding in right spot or something I would appreciate it. I think I may need instructions as to what goes where like you provided in the accompanying weblink--how do I know the variable names and where they should be etc? do you have a code key or something? I'm happy for you to remote in if needed as long as I know to be here and give you access. Thanks.
Anissa Harris
Harding University
Searcy, AR

#6 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:50 PM

No; they're not the same.
Check the screenshots you posted. The original report shows the "logintime" field in the "Detail" band. The customized report shows this field in the "Group Header" band. This is why it only prints once.

If you still can't see the difference, or don't know what a report band means, I'll try to create step-by-step directions for you on the Support Site. This will take a few days though as currently I am booked with other work.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#7 anissaharris

anissaharris

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 01:54 PM

No; they're not the same.
Check the screenshots you posted.  The original report shows the "logintime" field in the "Detail" band.  The customized report shows this field in the "Group Header" band.  This is why it only prints once.

If you still can't see the difference, or don't know what a report band means, I'll try to create step-by-step directions for you on the Support Site.  This will take a few days though as currently I am booked with other work.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let me know when you get to work on the step by step instructions. Meanwhile, i will keep working on this thing. When the "logintime" field has to be in the DETAIL band, does that mean it is ABOVE the border with the word DETAIL in it or does it have to be beside the word DETAIL, etc? These are the type questions I don't know.

Sorry for my ignorance--it's just that if I'm supposed to be able to customize these on my own, then I need a code list or a definition list or something so I can apply my intellect. Without these "definitions," I'm simply working on desktop publishing skills--which, as you know, are a good bit different from programming and HTML.

If you teach these skills in your training, let me know. :)
Anissa Harris
Harding University
Searcy, AR

#8 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 02:38 PM

Anisssa,

Don't apologize. Customizing reports is too techncial for regular users. We added this capability to the software for IT admins who are also programmers. For users who did not do this type of work before, we provide the sample customizations to show them the type of things they can do. However, none of the current samples show what you are doing here, so a new sample is in needed.

I'll let you know when it's ready.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#9 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts