• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 BCCTesting

BCCTesting

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:09 PM

I am trying to return some tests that have not been updated in our system. I have gotten the Error #1742 twice now. What does this mean? What do I need to do?

(I have clicked OK past it and gotten many, many error numbers that I did not write down. I have also clicked CANCEL which asked if I wanted exit AccuTesting at which point I said YES and then got the message box that it could not clear the object in use and I clicked CANCEL again and the software closed.)

I do not want to mess up the software, but I need to get this information updated so that we can really start using it.

NOW we're getting this message:
"The data source for this object must be a variable reference."

PLEASE HELP!

#2 dfoster

dfoster

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Guitar

Posted 22 April 2008 - 10:28 AM

Hi,

Can you please let me know exactly what you were doing when you got the message? Also, you could attach screen shots of what you are seeing, including the error messages, that would help me to troubleshoot this.

Thanks,
David

I am trying to return some tests that have not been updated in our system. I have gotten the Error #1742 twice now. What does this mean? What do I need to do?

(I have clicked OK past it and gotten many, many error numbers that I did not write down. I have also clicked CANCEL which asked if I wanted exit AccuTesting at which point I said YES and then got the message box that it could not clear the object in use and I clicked CANCEL again and the software closed.)

I do not want to mess up the software, but I need to get this information updated so that we can really start using it.

PLEASE HELP!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

David Foster
Engineerica Systems Support

#3 BCCTesting

BCCTesting

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 06:09 PM

I don't know how to do screen captures, but tonight when I was trying to enter a test, I got a new error message.

Error #1683 - Index tag not found.

All I did this time was try to "Add Test" when this message came up. If I click OK it goes to more and more error messages. If I click CANCEL it closes down AccuTesting. Please let me know what else I need to do.

Thank you.

Lora

Hi,

Can you please let me know exactly what you were doing when you got the message? Also, you could attach screen shots of what you are seeing, including the error messages, that would help me to troubleshoot this.

Thanks,
David

PLEASE HELP!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#4 dfoster

dfoster

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 08:22 AM

Did you try to do a database repair? Also, do you have a backup of the data?

Thanks,
David

I don't know how to do screen captures, but tonight when I was trying to enter a test, I got a new error message.

Error #1683 - Index tag not found.

All I did this time was try to "Add Test" when this message came up. If I click OK it goes to more and more error messages. If I click CANCEL it closes down AccuTesting. Please let me know what else I need to do.

Thank you.

Lora

Hi,

Thanks,
David

PLEASE HELP!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

David Foster

#5 BCCTesting

BCCTesting

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:06 PM

Yes, I did a repair and that fixes it for a short period of time. We are also having trouble with the receptionist who checks in students for us. She is receiving a number of error messages at start up.

We do a backup every Friday.
Thanks!
Lora

[quote name='dfoster' date='Apr 23 2008, 08:22 AM']

Thanks,
David

#6 dfoster

dfoster

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:23 AM

Hello,

Please send me an email with your version number of AccuTesting and we can go from there. The email is david@accutrack.org

Thanks,
David Foster

[quote name='BCCTesting' date='Apr 23 2008, 03:06 PM']
Yes, I did a repair and that fixes it for a short period of time. We are also having trouble with the receptionist who checks in students for us. She is receiving a number of error messages at start up.

We do a backup every Friday.
Thanks!
Lora

[quote name='dfoster' date='Apr 23 2008, 08:22 AM']

Thanks,
David

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]

David Foster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users