• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lori B

Lori B

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:48 PM

We recently installed Accutrack 10 on a PC also using Accutrack 8 so the user could look at the software with a test database. I received the following message from her:

The good news is that Accutrack 10 seems very similar to Accutrack 8. The bad news is after installing Accutrack 10, the reports in 8 have been screwy. When I print a report for an instructor, only half the students appear.

How should we proceed?

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:17 PM

Hello,

I cannot see how installing one software would affect the other. Each one of them installs in its own (separate) folder. You should also have a separate database for each installation because each has a different database structure requirements. In short, you should be working with separate software and separate database, so you should not have an effect on one from the other.

So start by verifying you are working with separate software and separate databases. If that's the case, run the database repair utility in version 8. This would update the indexes so the reports are accurate.

Finally, you should get rid of the 8 installation ASAP and only use the latest version. There are a few reasons for this, but the most compelling is that version 8 is no longer supported. Version 10 can do everything version 8 does and much more, so there is no need to keep the old software.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 Lori B

Lori B

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:28 AM

Thank you Mon. Yes, our intent is to move toward 10 as quickly as possible. We will run the database repair utility.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users