1 reply to this topic

#1 Steve Rehrig

Steve Rehrig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 02:38 PM

Hi,

We have two labs setup in the Learning Commons at Tallahassee Community College. Often what happens is that students sign into the default lab to use one of the open access computers and then they sign in for writing tutoring in the writing lab group, leaving their computer turned on. This also happens in the math area as well. Instead of logging the student out when they sign in without signing out, it would be beneficial if the student could chose to either sign out or change activity to do things such as receive math tutoring or enter the intake system. During the March AccuSQL Deluxe Training, several other members of the training group mentioned that they would be interested seeing this option in version 11.

Thanks.

-Steve

#2 cbasoz

cbasoz

<AccuTrack Support>

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:25 AM

Hi,

We have two labs setup in the Learning Commons at Tallahassee Community College. Often what happens is that students sign into the default lab to use one of the open access computers and then they sign in for writing tutoring in the writing lab group, leaving their computer turned on. This also happens in the math area as well. Instead of logging the student out when they sign in without signing out, it would be beneficial if the student could chose to either sign out or change activity to do things such as receive math tutoring or enter the intake system. During the March AccuSQL Deluxe Training, several other members of the training group mentioned that they would be interested seeing this option in version 11.

Thanks.

-Steve

Hi Steve,
I have been reading this at the end of a long and tiring day so I may be misinterpreting. Are you saying that if the user changes the computer he is working with, he shouldn't signed be out but switched tasks? I think we already have something like that. Did you try setting "Do not allow sign in from multiple stations" under "Plug-In" in Options form? With that setting when they attempt to sign-in at another computer they are implicitly signed out from previous and signed in to current. Would you check it and tell me if that is what you meant.
Thanks
Cetin Basoz
Engineerica Senior Developer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users