1 reply to this topic

#1 jhogan1

jhogan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

Two of my instructors want to use AccuSQL 12 to take attendance for their lectures.

They have lectures with over 100 students and we have the sign in station at the front of the room with a barcode reader.

Currently I have it set up as an activity and students sign in and choose "attendance" from their list of activities.

But, I'm wondering if there is a better way of doing this.

Jeff Hogan
Instructional Technologist

Nursing and Allied Health

Valencia College

Orlando, Florida 32811

2012 Aspen Prize Winner

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

The Class Attendance feature would make this easier.  You can launch this via the Tutor Pad.  You can then select the Activity and Tutor, and they will be fixed to all sign-ins until you exit this mode.  With this mode, students only need to swipe their ID card to sign in (no activity and tutor selections needed).  The tutor (in this case instructor) can exit the mode by simply signing out.  AccuSQL will ask whether to sign all students too (since he's leaving the class is over).  NOTE: This mode is intended to sign students in and out quickly, thus it does not allow new students.  In other words, students signing in to the class under this mode need to be already in the database.

Another way is to use a different product for class attendance.  We are working on a web-based class attendance systems called AccuClass.  This software can capture attendance in a variety of ways including via an iPod touch or iPad, card swipe, or even a special time clock on the wall.  AccuClass is planned for release in April of 2013.  For more information visit http://www.engineerica.com/accuclass

Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users