• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 AcademicSuccess

AcademicSuccess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:03 PM

Our campus recently changed its student email accounts from @unk.edu to @lopers.unk.edu

Current student users have the old email information, but we need to update it to the new.

Is there a way to automate something like this, without individually changing 1500+ accounts by hand?

I've already altered the email address for new students--I'm just concerned about the ones who are already there!

Thanks--
Keri

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:17 PM

Hi,

You can reimport these students. Make sure to check the "Update existing records" checkbox. This will preserve the old student's related records (e.g. appointments and visits) while updating their info including the email address.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 AcademicSuccess

AcademicSuccess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:33 AM

Mon,

We don't import our students to get them into the system (our campus does not allow us to do so). They enter their own information when they come for the first time (i.e. answer the profile questions themselves). Can I somehow export their information and then re-import it? Or would re-importing  not work since their ID's would be duplicated and their history of visits/appointments be lost? Is there a way to just export--import the profile information, without affecting their histories?

I'm sorry for the basic questions--I just need more specific guidance on how to accomplish this.

Also, I just realized that I should have posted this in the AccuTrack 10 forum, not the SQL version! Sorry!

--Keri

Hi,

You can reimport these students.  Make sure to check the "Update existing records" checkbox.  This will preserve the old student's related records (e.g. appointments and visits) while updating their info including the email address.

#4 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:20 PM

Oh so you have the FoxPro version.

If you like we can have our senior developer remote into your system and update the emails for you. He can run a few programming commands to update the addresses in bulk on the fly. Call our support department to set up the online assistance session.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#5 AcademicSuccess

AcademicSuccess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:56 PM

Yes, I'm sorry I put this in the wrong forum.
I will call for help--thanks so much.

Oh so you have the FoxPro version.

If you like we can have our senior developer remote into your system and update the emails for you.  He can run a few programming commands to update the addresses in bulk on the fly.  Call our support department to set up the online assistance session.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users