AcademicSuccess's Content

There have been 15 items by AcademicSuccess (Search limited from 19-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#6205 Student record on hold?

Posted by AcademicSuccess on 13 October 2010 - 10:13 PM in AccuTrack 10

How did you take him off the student worker list? It seems that you made his record inactive, which explains the message he's getting. One solution to this is to edit his record (in the Modify Staff screen) and change his sign-in ID and save (e.g. change the first 3 digits to 000).

I did make him inactive, because I do not want his name to appear as a tutor when students sign out from tutoring. Is there another way to keep him off the tutor list? Like removing his assigned classes? If I do that though, I thought it might affect data from past semesters. Like if I look back at Fall 2009, will it still show that this student assisted with Math 090 if that class is no longer assigned to him as a student employee?

#6199 Student record on hold?

Posted by AcademicSuccess on 13 October 2010 - 08:57 AM in AccuTrack 10

This morning a student tried to sign in for an appointment and received the following error: "Student record on hold. Please see the System Administrator." He doesn't have excessive no shows. Also, he used to be a student worker, but is not anymore (I took him off the student worker list). What is causing this error? How can I fix it?

#6093 Cannot See Tutor Schedules Online!

Posted by AcademicSuccess on 28 August 2010 - 10:04 PM in AccuTrack WebLink

With tutor schedules successfully showing up in both the Appointments "View/Cancel" and "Monthly Viewer," I cannot figure out why students do not see them online with WebLink.

In WebLink, students CAN:

Select what they want to do (i.e. "Schedule an Appointment," "View/Cancel an upcoming Appointment")
Select the DAY of the appointment
Select the CLASS for which they are making the appointment
Select the TUTOR they want to meet with (if they so desire)

In WebLink, students CANNOT:

See the tutor schedules AT ALL (after clicking "next" after selecting the above info, the next page is blank with the heading, "Tutor Availability" at the very top and the Class below"
Make an appointment

PLEASE HELP!
I'm trying to have this available Monday, 8/30!

Thanks--Keri

#6091 General Explanation Needed for WebLink password

Posted by AcademicSuccess on 27 August 2010 - 12:58 PM in AccuTrack WebLink

Thanks Mon!

Well there are only two options available for the initial / default password: student's ID or student's last name. You can reset all passwords to one of these defaults via the System Administration -> Setup -> System Access screen. If you don't do that, I believe the default is the same as the ID number. You can test this by adding a new (fake) student and trying the sign in with the ID as both the ID and the password.

#6090 change in campus email address

Posted by AcademicSuccess on 27 August 2010 - 12:56 PM in AccuTrack 10

Yes, I'm sorry I put this in the wrong forum.
I will call for help--thanks so much.

Oh so you have the FoxPro version.

If you like we can have our senior developer remote into your system and update the emails for you.  He can run a few programming commands to update the addresses in bulk on the fly.  Call our support department to set up the online assistance session.

#6087 General Explanation Needed for WebLink password

Posted by AcademicSuccess on 25 August 2010 - 10:48 AM in AccuTrack WebLink

Mon,

How can we know what those default passwords are? I don't necessarily want to reset them all, unless they are just randomized. What can I tell students who are trying to log in for the first time? Will they need to use the password if they are logging in at our center (rather than on the web?).

--Keri

Users need the password any time they use WebLink. This is necessary because the software could be accessed from anywhere by anyone via the web.

There is a default password that gets assigned to each user. You can also reset all passwords to the default password via the Setup -> System Access node.

#6086 change in campus email address

Posted by AcademicSuccess on 25 August 2010 - 10:33 AM in AccuTrack 10

Mon,

We don't import our students to get them into the system (our campus does not allow us to do so). They enter their own information when they come for the first time (i.e. answer the profile questions themselves). Can I somehow export their information and then re-import it? Or would re-importing  not work since their ID's would be duplicated and their history of visits/appointments be lost? Is there a way to just export--import the profile information, without affecting their histories?

I'm sorry for the basic questions--I just need more specific guidance on how to accomplish this.

Also, I just realized that I should have posted this in the AccuTrack 10 forum, not the SQL version! Sorry!

--Keri

Hi,

You can reimport these students.  Make sure to check the "Update existing records" checkbox.  This will preserve the old student's related records (e.g. appointments and visits) while updating their info including the email address.

#6083 change in campus email address

Posted by AcademicSuccess on 24 August 2010 - 04:03 PM in AccuTrack 10

Our campus recently changed its student email accounts from @unk.edu to @lopers.unk.edu

Current student users have the old email information, but we need to update it to the new.

Is there a way to automate something like this, without individually changing 1500+ accounts by hand?

I've already altered the email address for new students--I'm just concerned about the ones who are already there!

Thanks--
Keri

#6082 General Explanation Needed for WebLink password

Posted by AcademicSuccess on 24 August 2010 - 04:00 PM in AccuTrack WebLink

I need to better understand how WebLink works.

We are planning to run it with AccuTrack 10 so that students can make appointments with our Writing Center tutors online.

However, we already have been running it for 1.5 years for walk-in tutoring (no appointments) and have not required students to create a password to log in.

With WebLink, will all students necessarily need a password to log in, whether they are using WebLink or physically in our office?
For example, if Joe Smith is already is our database(without a password), but he goes online to make an appointment, how can he do that?
He's not a "New User," nor has he forgotten his password (since he doesn't have one!).

Or is the solution to purge the database of all student users and start over so that everyone creates a password?

Please help!

--Keri

#5910 Automating Separate Instructor Reports

Posted by AcademicSuccess on 14 May 2010 - 09:09 AM in AccuTrack 10

The upcoming AccuTrack 11 will allow you to automate the process of creating any report. Not only would it create the report, but it would also email it out automatically to each instructor at a schedule of your choosing!

Mon,
We cannot purchase AccuTrack 11.
What can I do now to try to automate this in AccuTrack 10?
Could I customize a report or something?
I don't know how to do that, but I'm sure you can tell me how!

--Keri

#5908 Automating Separate Instructor Reports

Posted by AcademicSuccess on 13 May 2010 - 01:55 PM in AccuTrack 10

I currently send individual instructors a report on the students who attended tutoring.
However, in order to do this, I have to create a report for EACH one by filtering EACH instructor.
This is very time-consuming!

How can I automate AccuTrack to create SEPARATE reports for each instructor?

#5770 Cross Tabulating Report

Posted by AcademicSuccess on 16 February 2010 - 09:35 AM in AccuTrack 10

Hi that is a major feature in our new Accu11 release, in Beta testing now. If you have platinum support you will get that upgrade for free. It allows for custom query generation that would cover that report.

But there is no way to accomplish this in AccuTrack 10? Would I be able to customize a report to do this?

#5768 Cross Tabulating Report

Posted by AcademicSuccess on 12 February 2010 - 01:30 PM in AccuTrack 10

I would like to run a report which tells me:

(1) the number of students who used both tutoring and our computer lab
(2) the number of students who came in for tutoring only
(3) the number of students who came in for the lab only

How can I do this? Is there a cross-tab function anywhere in the reports?

--Keri

#5717 Updating Instructors

Posted by AcademicSuccess on 06 January 2010 - 12:32 PM in AccuTrack 9

Hello!

We need to update our classes with new instructors for the new semester.
I know that I can do this by editing the activities individually in the database.

However, I fear that if I do so, the data from the Fall 2009 semester will be affected.
For example, an instructor may have taught Math 101 in Fall 2009 but is NOT teaching that course in Spring 2010.
If I delete that instructor from the course, will that affect the data from Fall 2009?
Or will that instructor still show up as the instructor for the old data?

I do not want students to have the option to choose that instructor in Spring 2010.

How can I do this?

--Keri

#5671 Survey error!

Posted by AcademicSuccess on 15 October 2009 - 07:13 PM in AccuTrack 10

I am trying to set up a survey question (just one) for students to answer when they log out.
However, after creating the question and its answers, AccuTrack 10:

1) says XML needs a top level element
2) says that there is a table error
3) says there are several other errors
4) shuts down

Please help!