#1 laura

laura

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

Hi,

I have a question about importing activities for students. I'll try to be clear as I explain what I want to do.

There will be a seminar for the entire freshmen class over 3 days in September. We will track attendance using AccuTrack. I found the posting how to make that process go quickly, thanks. The room we are using has 3 entrances and we want to have sign in stations at each doorway. I have had problems in the past with multiple users signed in at once trying to access the same tables (I use the Foxpro back end. Upgrading to SQL before September is not an option.) My thought was to create 3 separate databases of AccuTrack for the sign in pcs and then combine the data from each database into one for reporting purposes. I was looking at the import process and I can't find the option to import attendance in an Activity. The Registration import doesn't seem to give me what I want in terms of reporting that a student actually attended the seminar. Which is what we need to be tracking.

To be clear, I thought I would create database FroshSeminarA to be used at doorway A, database FroshSeminarB to be used at doorway B and database FroshSeminarC to be used at doorway C. When the seminars are done, I want to export the info of who attended from databases FroshSeminarB and FroshSeminarC and import that info into FroshSeminarA. Is that possible?

Thanks,

laura

Laura Caswell
University Technology Services
Worcester State University
Worcester, MA
lcaswell@worcester.edu

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:35 AM

Hello,

AccuTrack does not offer attendance import feature since attendance is supposed to be captured with AccuTrack.  If you use se databases, you can export the attendance data out from each database into Excel and then copy the data into one Excel sheet to do your own data analysis in Excel.

A better option: Use iAccu to record the attendance at the seminar.  With this you won't need bulky PCs to record the attendance.  Instead you would use the highly portable Apple devices.  You can use as many devices as you like.  The captured data is uploaded to the AccuTrack server in the cloud via standard WiFi connection. You can find more info on this option here:

http://www.engineeri...cutrack/devices

Note that if you have good network connection, having multiple sign-in stations running off a single AccuTrack database is not a problem.  Actually, many users run AccuTrack with multiple sign-in stations.  One user had over 500 sign-in stations running off the same FoxPro database - they were running the Computer Lab add-on in a large computer lab.  Of course the SQL version (AccuSQL) would work much better since the database processing is taking place on the server (true client-server solution).  If you have a license of AccuSQL, you can contact our support department for assistance in upgrading your installation to AccuSQL.

Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 laura

laura

Advanced Member

• Platinum Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:10 AM

Thanks Mon. I'll give it a whirl with one database and 3 separate logins.

~ laura

Laura Caswell
University Technology Services
Worcester State University
Worcester, MA
lcaswell@worcester.edu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users