• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 111111111

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:54 AM

I'm not sure how ACCUTRACk defines the following terms:

Instructor vs tutor. Is the instructor the faculty teaching a college course? And the tutor a peer or professional who gives additional assitance outside of the class? Since this info seems to flow to "Modify Activities" screen and the "sign-in Student" screen, it's important to understand the use of this terminology. How are other people using these terms?

Visit vs appointment. Is a visit a term used for a past visit/appointment....and appointment used to indicate present or fututre visit/appointment?

The beginning of our semester is a bit chaotic and not all tutors are ready to go into our system on the first day. Mary suggested putting them in as "Math tutor 1, Math tutor 2 "etc. Can I go back and change the name later in the semester without losing the information attached to that record...so the reports actually show all the tutoring performed for each tutor? This is a critical function for our center so I need to be sure of how to proceed.

Thank you. JoAnn

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 01:58 PM

Instructor vs tutor. Is the instructor the faculty teaching a college course? And the tutor a peer or professional who gives additional assitance outside of the class?

Yes. The instructor is the instructor of the course. The 'tutor' is a person that works at your center and provides services to your students. Note that you can change the terminology to match your needs, so an advising center can change 'tutor' to 'advisor', and so on.

Visit vs appointment. Is a visit a term used for a past visit/appointment....and appointment used to indicate present or fututre visit/appointment?

A visit can be two types: Walk-in or appointment. A walk-in visit means the student did not schedule an appointment and just dropped in. An appointment visit means the student scheduled the visit in advance and is showing up accordingly.

Can I go back and change the name later in the semester without losing the information attached to that record.

Yes you can change the tutor's name at any time without losing the data. However, generic terms like 'tutor 1' would be confusing in my opinion. If you already know who is 'tutor 1', then you might as well enter the name. If you don't know, then it would be difficult to schedule the appointments because you would not know the work schedule of an unknown tutor.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users