• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 ucrsgarcia

ucrsgarcia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:08 PM

We (UCR Learning Center) recently got two of the Rollcaller devices with the software license. When I tried to install the software, I'm getting an error message regarding lack of access to a folder (seems to be the StartUp folder). I'm a domain admin, so there should be no access problems. We are running the database via a file share off of a Windows 2003 Server (I'm assuming that the software must be installed in the same folder as the database folder is. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:16 PM

From the error message, Windows is not allowing you to install the files.

You might be using Vista, which requires special handling for allowing you to do just about anything.

To check your permissions, open Windows Notepad, type a word in it, and do a "Save As" and select the installation folder (if this AccuRC, then it will try to install the software in AccuTrack's installation folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\Accu10). If you get access violations, then you need to figure out how to open up the folder for adding files.

Even though our tech support team does not usually address Windows permissions and networking issues, the team might still be able to help you further. If you still need assistance contact them directly.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 ucrsgarcia

ucrsgarcia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:18 PM

We are using Windows 2003 and I am a domain admin.

You might be using Vista, which requires special handling for allowing you to do just about anything.

To check your permissions, open Windows Notepad, type a word in it, and do a "Save As" and select the installation folder (if this AccuRC, then it will try to install the software in AccuTrack's installation folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\Accu10). If you get access violations, then you need to figure out how to open up the folder for adding files.

Even though our tech support team does not usually address Windows permissions and networking issues, the team might still be able to help you further. If you still need assistance contact them directly.

#4 ucrsgarcia

ucrsgarcia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:29 PM

I figured it out. Sorry about that.

#5 dfoster

dfoster

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Guitar

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:31 AM

Hi,

Glad to hear you got it working. Please contact me at david@accutrack.org if you encounter any other issues.

Thanks,
David
AccuTrack Support

I figured it out. Sorry about that.

David Foster
Engineerica Systems Support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users