9 replies to this topic

#1 qzhou1

qzhou1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 11:45 AM

“Edit Student Log” time filter that isn’t working. The “to” time will not extend until the end of the day so every time you press “refresh” it only refreshes to the time you first opened the log. We have to exit and re-enter the log to get current students.

#2 cbasoz

cbasoz

<AccuTrack Support>

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 06:11 AM

Thanks for the feedback. Form is updated to adjust "now" as period box gets focus. It'll be available in next maintanence release.
Cetin Basoz
Engineerica Senior Developer

#3 qzhou1

qzhou1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 12:17 PM

Not only the "Now" Filter, the "As Entered" filter is not working either. I don't know about other filter for the Edit sign-in screen.

When are you going to release the next maintanence? It caused us so much trouble since we had been using this function extensively.

Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback. Form is updated to adjust "now" as period box gets focus. It'll be available in next maintanence release.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#4 cbasoz

cbasoz

<AccuTrack Support>

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 09:54 AM

I didn't mean 'now' filter and didn't realize we had such a filter. I meant "To" part and it applies to "As Entered".
I don't know yet when the new maintenance can be ready, working on it extensively.
Cetin Basoz

#5 qzhou1

qzhou1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 09:08 AM

Hey,

Just want to check with you if the problem has been fixed.

Thanks.

I didn't mean 'now' filter and didn't realize we had such a filter. I meant "To" part and it applies to "As Entered".
I don't know yet when the new maintenance can be ready, working on it extensively.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#6 cbasoz

cbasoz

<AccuTrack Support>

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 11:54 AM

In its current state it seems won't be available before next week (probably wednesday or thursday).
Cetin Basoz

#7 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:30 AM

I just wanted to explain that there is no problem with the software here.
when you launch the Edit Logs screen, the "To" box in the filter displays the current date and time as of when you launched the form. The box was not designed to 'refresh' like a clock. The "Refresh" button under the filter is for refreshing the displayed records in the table and is to be used if you change the filtering options (e.g. reporting period, student, etc) to refresh the records.

Still, Cetin is changing the functionality of this screen to match how you want it to work. This is really beyond the 'bug fixes' purpose of maintenance releases and falls under fullfilling 'wish-list requests'. Wish-list items are implemented in maintenance releases as a courtesy and do not cause a 'rush' on the release of maintenance upgrades unless the client is paying the cost of their development.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#8 qzhou1

qzhou1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 09:59 AM

well, it worked before for release 8.0.9.

And the filter worked great for other screens except this screen. At least I am anticipating if I choose "today", I would like to have a time range from the early morning to late night, but it did not work this way, it would show a time range from early morning to whenever you login this screen.

Thank you for your help!!

#9 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 04:24 PM

You have a good point there. Selecting "Today" should select the whole day and not until current time. The original filter worked that way and the updated one should too.

Actually I just checked other options like "This Year" and they all end at the current date and time! While this sounds logical for this screen (you're editing sign-ins and the latest sign-in should not be in a future date), the filter should be consistent in the way it functions and not change functionality according to the screen.

Cetin, make sure to update the period filter drop-down so it works like the other ones. Thanks.

qzhou1: Thanks for bringing up this issue.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

#10 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 12:08 PM

Just a follow-up note: Version 8.1.32, which was released today, fixes the problem with the period filter (now it will show the whole day). Version 8.1.32 is available as a free upgrade to all AccuTrack 8 users. See the News section of this forum for the latest release info and download instructions.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users