#1 qzhou1

qzhou1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 10:25 AM

HI,

I have several instances of AccuTrack running in different departments, some are version 6, some are version 7. I am planning to upgrade all of them to version 8.0.9. The reason I upgrade to 8.0.9 instead of the newest available version is that the users already tested the version 8.0.9.

I have Accutrack.exe for versoin 8.0.9 in one computer.

Here are some questions.

1. I installed the AccuTrack 8.0 from the disk, then I copy the AccuTrack.exe (version 8.0.91) to overwrite the old AccuTrack.exe, by this way I can get the AccuTrack 8.0.91 version, right?

2. As for Accutrack 7 upgrade, should I upgrade my data after I copy the AccuTrack.exe 8.0.91, or should I upgrade my data before it?

3. As for AccuTrack 6.30 upgrade, can I convert the data directly from AccuTrack 6 to AccuTrack 8 by using version 8.0.91?

4. If we are at version 8.0.91, later if we want to update to a latest version, such as 8.1, there is no data upgrade involoved, right? If we have several different computers accessing to the same AccuTrack database, does it matter if they are at different version of AccuTrack 8, such as some are at 8.0.9, some are at 8.1?

5. Is there anyway to turn off the auto-update feature? I don't want the users to be prompted for the message of new updates available when they launch AccuTrack 8?

Thank you very much!

Quan

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 11:01 AM

1. I installed the AccuTrack 8.0 from the disk, then I copy the AccuTrack.exe (version 8.0.91) to overwrite the old AccuTrack.exe, by this way I can get the AccuTrack 8.0.91 version, right?

Correct

2. As for Accutrack 7 upgrade, should I upgrade my data after I copy the AccuTrack.exe 8.0.91, or should I upgrade my data before it?

Yes you should upgrade the exe to 8.0.9 first and then do the data upgrade.

3. As for AccuTrack 6.30 upgrade, can I convert the data directly from AccuTrack 6 to AccuTrack 8 by using version 8.0.91?

Yes, you should upgrade the exe to 8.0.9 first and then do the data upgrade from 6 to 8.

4. If we are at version 8.0.91, later if we want to update to a latest version, such as 8.1, there is no data upgrade involoved, right?

Right - the upgrade is to the exe file and does not affect your data files.

If we have several different computers accessing to the same AccuTrack database, does it matter if they are at different version of AccuTrack 8, such as some are at 8.0.9, some are at 8.1?

We recommend they all run the same version. Actually with auto update once one of them downloads the latest version they will all upgrade to it automatically.

5. Is there anyway to turn off the auto-update feature? I don't want the users to be prompted for the message of new updates available when they launch AccuTrack 8?

Yes you can disable auto updates via the Options screen. We do not recommend this as upgrades contain fixes and extra bonus features that would be beneficial to all users. To find out what features were added use your Help Center to visit the Updates web site.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 qzhou1

qzhou1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 05:33 PM

Hi,

Just want to double check that if we only have "auto updated" option enabled, will the users be prompted for the new updates when they launch the AccuTrack?

Thanks.

[quote]5. Is there anyway to turn off the auto-update feature? I don't want the users to be prompted for the message of new updates available when they launch AccuTrack 8?[/quote]

Yes you can disable auto updates via the Options screen. We do not recommend this as upgrades contain fixes and extra bonus features that would be beneficial to all users. To find out what features were added use your Help Center to visit the Updates web site.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]

#4 cbasoz

cbasoz

<AccuTrack Support>

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 09:30 AM

You can control autoupdate feature totally only if all are running 8.0.6 and later. Otherwise all you can do is to prevent or enable autoupdate. Check explanations and recommended settings in options screen.
If autoupdate is enabled and a workstation is using a version earlier than 8.0.6 it'd take longer to check if a new update is available.
Cetin Basoz
Engineerica Senior Developer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users