3 replies to this topic

#1 qzhou1

qzhou1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 11:55 AM

I have a question about Accutrack 7. We are seeing an error come up at least several times a day. It happens like this:

1) A student signs in and a different student name appears.

2) They log and try to log in again.

3) Error #1884 “uniqueness of index LOGIN ID is violated” occurs

To try and address the situation I have been running the repair utility every evening after work. That seems to cut down on the frequency of the problem, but it still occurs. The students do NOT have a similar ID, so it is not the result of a typo.

I am also wondering about the capacity of the software. Is there an ideal maximum # of records for the software? We have roughly 8,000 student records and 14,000 sessions logged, just since August 1st, 2004. Do you think the database can continue to support that growing number of records?

Ps. We don’t know when we will upgrade to 8, if you think that the upgrade will help with some of the errors we are seeing, then we may want to upgrade to AccuTrack 8.

Thanks.

#2 cbasoz

cbasoz

<AccuTrack Support>

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 04:14 PM

Problems you're describing suggests you've some hardware and/or network problems. If you're using a win2000 computer with an EIDE disk turn off write behind caching for disks (a known problem in w2k) - unfortunately setting is not persistent and should be done whenever the server is restarted.

1) A student signs in and a different student name appears.
2) They log and try to log in again.
3) Error #1884 “uniqueness of index LOGIN ID is violated” occurs

First step already suggests corrupted index and following that you should expect any unexpected behavior. Also check:

http://www.accutrack...p?showtopic=437

"I am also wondering about the capacity of the software. Is there an ideal maximum # of records for the software? We have roughly 8,000 student records and 14,000 sessions logged, just since August 1st, 2004. Do you think the database can continue to support that growing number of records?"

There is no ideal measure but practically speaking capacity is up to 2Gb per file in data folder (records are limited to 1 billion per table but in practice 2Gb limit comes first). Most dynamic table is logbook. 8000 students worst case scenario still handles years of data. ie: College X has more students and with over 100 computers accessing the data they already passed 200000 records mark.

"Ps. We don’t know when we will upgrade to 8, if you think that the upgrade will help with some of the errors we are seeing, then we may want to upgrade to AccuTrack 8."

Of course each new version have enhancements (for example uniqueness of index LoginId message is not expected in 8 as the logic generating those ids are more robust now) besides additions however 8 might not be the answer when hardware/network related problems continue to exist.
Cetin Basoz
Engineerica Senior Developer

#3 qzhou1

qzhou1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 03:08 PM

Regarding to what you said "
Problems you're describing suggests you've some hardware and/or network problems. If you're using a win2000 computer with an EIDE disk turn off write behind caching for disks (a known problem in w2k) - unfortunately setting is not persistent and should be done whenever the server is restarted. "

would you please let me know how I could find the knowledgebase paper for this topic at microsoft website? I want to see if there is any fix for it.

Thanks.

#4 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 04:09 PM

There is some info about it in this article. Let us know if this solves the problem:

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;259716
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users