qzhou1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 04:21 PM

HI,

This is a question about AccuTrack 7.

I have accuTrack 7 installed on two workstations, both workstations point to the same location at the network driver. It was supposed to show the same student activities or reports or ... no matter which work station we were worked on. But the strange thing is that they were different for those two workstations!

Another thing is that:
If I login as admin in workstation A and changed the configuration of AccuTrack, the change would not show up in workstation B.

Would you please give me some hint about this problem? I am totally confused.

Thank you very much.

Quan

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 04:51 PM

Hi,

Probably each version is using a different database or set up to use a different lab ID. To find out, go to System Administration and click on Student Setup - Activities and add a test activity in one of the work stations. Next go to the Student Setup - Activities screen on the other station. You should see the test activity you added on the other computer. If you don't, then you are NOT using the same database.

By the way I noticed you posted questions asking about AccuTrack 6, 7, and 8. Using three different versions is probably confusing. In addition, your upgrade license replaces your older versions license, so you can no longer use older versions of the software once you upgrade.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 qzhou1

qzhou1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 08:46 AM

I am pretty sure that they are use the same database since I check with both database location!

How do I check if they are set up to use a different lab ID?

Actually, we are on a mix of accutrack 6 and 7 now. Accutrack 8 is under test by two workstations. We have problem with AccuTrack 8. We are working on to upgrade 6 to 7 now.

Thanks.

Quan

#4 cbasoz

cbasoz

<AccuTrack Support>

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 10:53 AM

Quan,
Oh my 6-7 and 8 there. It somewhat makes clear now why you get error.
Hope you copied data to a new location without datadic to use with 8. The configuration files of 8 is not backward compatible. If it directly tries to use 6 or 7's data you'd start to get Array dimension's are invalid from the start. Upgrade preocedure modifies those files so you should be sure 7 and 8 are absolutely not using the same data location.

For 7 database location is under database. Local Lab ID is under Access.

Station A and B showing different configuration points that yopu're not using same data location. Also be sure you're checking options for the same LabID (configuration page shows LAbID you're looking at at top).
Cetin Basoz
Engineerica Senior Developer

#5 qzhou1

qzhou1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 09:51 AM

well, I don't think the problem you proposed is a problem at all.
for our case, different departments are using different version 6 or 7 from the beginning, and the version of the data is the same of the version of accutrack software.

I know if i need to upgrade to higher version of AccuTrack, I need to upgrade the data file accordingly.

About he inconsistence between accutrack 7 at two stations, I did find the problem! When I checked both database location, they all claimed to point to the network drive, but it actually is not! I guess it might be a big bug from your company! Have you met the same problem before that the database location shows it pointing it network drive but it actually points to local drive?

Thank you very much for your help.

Quan

#6 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 01:13 PM

As I already mentioned you shouldn't be using AccuTrack 6 or 7 at this time. From your previous messages it seems you have not upgraded your data files to AccuTrack's 8 format correctly. Using AccuTrack's 6 or 7 data files with AccuTrack 8 without upgrading them to 8's format first will cause many problems. The correct upgrade procedure is noted in your AccuTrack 8 reference manual. You can also check this post for the correct upgrade procedure:
http://www.accutrack...p?showtopic=234

Please upgrade your installations to AccuTrack 8. If you have any questions regarding AccuTrack 8 please post back in the AccuTrack 8 section of the on-line support forum. Thanks.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users