3 replies to this topic

#1 COD

COD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:40 PM

In the Weblink Instructions manual for installation there is a section called "Setting the Data Path" (page 12) that is found immediately after the "Installing the AccuSQL Weblink" section. Later in the instruction manual there is a section called "Switching to Actual Data Files" (page 20.) Both sections contain steps to provide connection information to the SQL server and to designate the database to be used. Is the same information to be used in both sections or should I be using different information in the "Setting the Data Path" section?

Joe

#2 cbasoz

cbasoz

<AccuTrack Support>

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:35 AM

In the Weblink Instructions manual for installation there is a section called "Setting the Data Path" (page 12) that is found immediately after the "Installing the AccuSQL Weblink" section. Later in the instruction manual there is a section called "Switching to Actual Data Files" (page 20.) Both sections contain steps to provide connection information to the SQL server and to designate the database to be used. Is the same information to be used in both sections or should I be using different information in the "Setting the Data Path" section?

Joe

I don't currently have the installation manual by me but simply use the SetWLDataPath.exe that is located in your weblink installation folder (typically c:\AccuWeblink). You can Add, Change, Remove the connections there. If you save more than one connection (this helps switching between connections when there are say test databases) then move the connection that you would use to top.
Cetin Basoz
Engineerica Senior Developer

#3 COD

COD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:58 AM

Joe

I don't currently have the installation manual by me but simply use the SetWLDataPath.exe that is located in your weblink installation folder (typically c:\AccuWeblink). You can Add, Change, Remove the connections there. If you save more than one connection (this helps switching between connections when there are say test databases) then move the connection that you would use to top.

I guess I don't understand then why there are two sections asking for database connection information. When reading through the first section, I enter in the database connection information for our current production database(?). Later there is a section that describes how to test Weblink to verify proper installation. It requires using accounts that would not exist in our production database. Does this make sense? I've attached the installation manual for quick reference.

#4 cbasoz

cbasoz

<AccuTrack Support>

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:04 AM

Joe

I guess I don't understand then why there are two sections asking for database connection information. When reading through the first section, I enter in the database connection information for our current production database(?). Later there is a section that describes how to test Weblink to verify proper installation. It requires using accounts that would not exist in our production database. Does this make sense? I've attached the installation manual for quick reference.

I will read the documentation later when I have access to. If you entered your production server's connection then simply proceed with it and use your own IDs. The other section is probably there because most of the users would want to start with a test version w/o worrying to damage their production data or just for getting used to it (and sometimes for me where I connect online, help installing and run a test using the IDs from test data).
Cetin Basoz
Engineerica Senior Developer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users