1 reply to this topic

#1 Ishan Patel

Ishan Patel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:50 PM

Hello,

We have about 30 computers to install AccuSQL14.  I can have the software pushed out through goverlan to avoid the hassel of going to each computer.  But how do I set the database info so I dont have to go a every computer and can just push it out via deployement techniques. Our database is locaated on a SQL server.

Thank you.

#2 dfoster

dfoster

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Guitar

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:31 AM

Hi Ishan,

When you first open AccuSQL, you may notice that it copies some files out to a public folder: more specifically C:\Users\Public\Documents\ACCUTRACK followed by a system generated folder name that starts with the letter i followed by some numbers. That i folder is system generated based on the OS and product. If you are installing AccuSQL 2014 on multiple computers, that i number should be the same on each. You should verify that on a few machines to make sure.

After that, you will need to install AccuSQL on each machine and then open it once so it will create that folder. You then will need to copy the dbparam.dbf and dbparam.fpt files from a computer that already has AccuSQL 2014 installed and is pointing to the correct database. Those files store the encrypted database connection parameters.

If the i numbers are different, then you would need to install AccuSQL 2014 on the machines, then open it once and then exit it. After that, open the folder where AccuSQL 2014 is installed, then you would run the setdatapath.exe program in order to enter the connection parameters to the database.

David Foster
Engineerica Systems Support

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Installation, Automation, Multiple

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users