• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 April

April

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:05 PM

We are running AccuTrackSQL 10 with the weblink plug-in. We have been able to import students, add activites, etc. We can also log in as a student and make an appointment. However, we have had several issues that we haven't been able to resolve.

1. We changed the terminology from 'tutor' to 'computer' because we are actually using AccuTrack to schedule the use of individual computers rather than tutors. I have added computers by going to Setup > Computer Setup > Computer, adding the computers and assigning them to the activities. Then, I went to Setup > Computer Setup > Schedule and assigned tasks and hours to the computers. The new computers that I added are not showing up when scheduling online as a student or when signing into AccuTrack 10 as a student. Any ideas?

2. Although we have changed the terminology from 'tutor' to 'computer,' the students still see the word 'tutor' on the web screen instead of 'computer.' This is confusing because the students are selecting a computer not a tutor.

3. When using the Firefox browser, the student sees a checkbox with an option that says "Check this if you also want to specify a computer teaching the class you selected." This makes no sense! I guess maybe this is also a terminology problem.

I've attached some screenshots of how the computers are set up in Accutrack and how we are not able to see them in the WebLink. There are also screenshots of the word 'tutor' on the weblink screen and the checkbox option in Firefox.

We are unable to use AccuTrack at this time because of these issues, and we would greatly appreciate any assistance you can give. You are also welcome to log into our weblink and see the screens as a test student.
http://207.157.110.41/accuweb/
student id: 222222222
password: 333333333

April Cookson
cookson@nwscc.edu

Attached Files

#2 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:15 PM

1. We changed the terminology from 'tutor' to 'computer' because we are actually using AccuTrack to schedule the use of individual computers rather than tutors. I have added computers by going to Setup > Computer Setup > Computer, adding the computers and assigning them to the activities. Then, I went to Setup > Computer Setup > Schedule and assigned tasks and hours to the computers. The new computers that I added are not showing up when scheduling online as a student or when signing into AccuTrack 10 as a student. Any ideas?

The system is designed for scheduling appointments with a person (e.g. tutor or advisor) who provides some services (e.g. tutoring algebra or advising on graduation requirements). To schedule an appointment, you start by identifying the service you need and then select an open time slot with the person who provides that service (e.g. Algebra tutoring with Cindy Bright). Because of this, the open slot is a function of several things including the service required, the associated persons to this service, the schedule of these persons, and availability of a time slot.

If a service is not appearing in the appointment screen, make sure that:
1) The "Active" check box for that activity is checked. Inactive items will not appear in the appointment screens.
2) The "Appts" check box for that activity is checked. Clearing this box marks the item as non-appointment item (e.g. self-study).
3) There is at least one staff member / tutor assigned to this activity. There is no point of showing an activity in the appointment screen if there is no staff member assigned to it.
4) At least one of the assigned staff member / tutor has availability during the appointment time and the assigned staff member is active.

Even though the system was designed for tracking tutoring or advising appointments, you should be able to use it for computer appointments. In this case tutor=computer. You would still need to go over the checklist above to find out why not all computers are appearing for appointments. The good news though is that your WebLink software is up and running, so it's just a matter of setting up the systems.

2. Although we have changed the terminology from 'tutor' to 'computer,' the students still see the word 'tutor' on the web screen instead of 'computer.' This is confusing because the students are selecting a computer not a tutor.

I see. We did change that header at one time to reflect the terminology. You might be using an older version or maybe that change did not make it to the SQL version. I will need to check with the development team on that.

3. When using the Firefox browser, the student sees a checkbox with an option that says "Check this if you also want to specify a computer teaching the class you selected." This makes no sense! I guess maybe this is also a terminology problem.

Unfortunately FireFox does not support the nice tree control you see when accessing the site with IE. This is why this box was used. I can see this being confusing with the terminology selections you mentioned. Unfortunately this is just a function of terminology change and the way the system is being used, so I am not sure how to improve on that. Again, this issue is only visible if you are not using IE with the site.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

#3 April

April

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:21 PM

Hi Mon,
Thanks for the response. I have somehow, not sure how, gotten the computers to show. :biggrin:

However, I do still need to get the word 'tutor' removed from the weblink screen if possible.

Thanks,
April

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users