• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 ABFarmer

ABFarmer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 04:14 PM

I'm installing the AccuWeb Link on a system running Windows 2003 Server.

At step 2, where I'm prompted for my admin User name and
password, I enter my Windows admin name (which is "Administrator")
and the password. I click "Finish" at Step 3, but then I get this
error message:

"Accuweb.AccuWebServer
Account: IUSR_<the computer's ID>

Error: Cannot add to application access ACL.
The parameter is incorrect.

(57)"

Any idea what's going wrong?

#2 cbasoz

cbasoz

<AccuTrack Support>

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 11:51 AM

Is temp directory specified in ini file missing (c:\temp\wc)? It might also occur if IIS not correctly installed, default IIS settings changed in a way it wouldn't let you do it, not running as admin etc.
Cetin Basoz
Engineerica Senior Developer

#3 ABFarmer

ABFarmer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 02:40 PM

"Is temp directory specified in ini file missing (c:\temp\wc)? It might also occur if IIS not correctly installed, default IIS settings changed in a way it wouldn't let you do it, not running as admin etc."

How do I find out which "temp directory" is "specified" in the particular "ini" file you mention (but don't name)? "C:\temp\wc" does exist.

IIS is correctly installed.
I haven't tinkered with the default IIS settings, but do you have checklist of appropriate IIS settings that are necessary for AccuWebLink to work?

#4 ABFarmer

ABFarmer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 03:26 PM

Ok, I figured out how to open the Accuweb.ini file and I changed the temp file to c:\temp\wc.

But this hasn't changed the error message I receive when I run the Setup Utility. Nor has it changed AccuWebLink's inability to get beyond the sign-in screen.

#5 Mon

Mon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 10:50 AM

About all the problems we've seen with running the WebLink software on Windows 2003 are caused by wrong security settings. We have screenshots of the correct settings here: http://www.accutrack...p?showtopic=300

If you do not have experience with IIS you might not be able to setup DCOM as needed. In this case we can do the setup for you via remote assistance. This can be done via Windows Remote Assistance, VNC, or other utilities that give remote control over your PC via the web.

If you would like to do this you will need to set up one of the above access methods (install appropriate software if any and make sure that we can go through your firewall). You will also need to install MSN Messenger on your system and add cbasoz@passport.com to your contact list. When you see Cetin on line (mornings are best time) ask for remote assistance and he'll help you.
Mon Nasser
AccuTrack Manager
mon@accutrack.org
(888)249-7227
http://www.accutrack.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users